Nicky is Director of Pedagogy of The Consultants-E and has worked in the field of face-to-face and distance education since 1987, as a teacher, teacher trainer and consultant. She holds an
MA in TEFL from the Universidad de Granada (Spain ), a CTEFLA (1987)
and a DTEFLA (1991). She gives seminars, in-service workshops and teacher training courses for practising language teachers all over the world. She is also involved in materials development, for both EFL course books and online learning. She was Online Events Coordinator, and then Joint Coordinator of the IATEFL Learning Technologies Special Interest Group (2010-2015).
Nicky has written many articles on education, technology and online learning, and she is a plenary speaker at conferences all over the world. She currently writes a regular column in English Teaching Professional Magazine on uses of ICT for teachers, and another regular column for the English Language Teaching Journal (ELTJ) on technology for the language teacher. She is a well-known author of methodology books on the application of technology to language teaching (see Publications below). She is currently writing a book on research into educational technology in the K12 sector, due for publication in 2016, and is also working as a technology consultant with the Cambridge University Press 'Cambridge English Teacher' development and training platform.
Nicky lives in Barcelona, Spain, and is a technophobe turned technophile.
- Blended learning in a mobile context: new tools, new learning experiences? - chapter in The Cambridge Guide to Blended Learning, forthcoming 2015 (Dudeney & Hockly).
- Digital literacies - chapter in Routledge Handbook of Language Learning and Technology, forthcoming 2015 (Dudeney & Hockly).
- Reversing the Blend: From Online to Blended - chapter in Blended Learning in English Language Teaching: Course Design and Implementation, Tomlinson, B. & Whittaker, C. (eds.), British Council 2013 (Dudeney & Hockly).
- Technology for the Language Teacher - regular column in English Language Teaching Journal (ELTJ) 2011 - present
- Things You Always Wanted to Know about ICT, but Were Too Afraid to Ask -- regular column in English Teaching Professional, from January 2009 - present
- Natecla News –
regular column 2007 – 2011 (Hockly) NATECLA, The National
Association for Teaching English and other Community Languages to Adults
is the professional organisation for ESOL practitioners.
Note: Some of her ELTJ and ETP articles can be accessed on Nicky's Academia page (republished with permissions from the publishers).
Video: Interviews & Presentations
- See The Consultants-E Slideshare for some of Nicky's PowerPoint presentations
- See The Consultants-E You Tube channel for interviews and conference presentations
Nicky also blogs at: