Our Teaching One-to-One course gives you the skills and confidence to teach students in a one-to-one scenario in a principled and efective manner.
During the course, you will learn to:
- examine the similarities / differences between teaching groups & teaching one-to-one
- think about what makes an effective one-to-one teacher
- consider the importance of needs analysis and how best to prepare to teach one-to-one
- evaluate methods of sourcing materials and resources for your one-to-one student
- look at how to design a one-to-one course based on your needs analysis
- critically examine a range of one-to-one teaching techniques
- think about different methods of delivering classes (f2f, online, via Skype/phone, etc.)
- look at how to deal with error correction and feedback
- consider the importance of getting feedback & course evaluations from your students
- What is one-to-one teaching?
- What makes a good 1to1 teacher?
- Preparation and needs analysis
- Materials and resources
- Designing a course
Certified & Assured
All our courses are quality assured by AQUEDUTO – the Association for Quality Education & Training Online | The CertIBET is also quality assured by English UK – the national association of language centres in the UK, and awarded by LanguageCert – the next generation in language qualification | Our eModeration course is recommended for CELTA Online tutors by Cambridge English.
NOTE: The Consultants-E will not tolerate plagiarism, cheating, falsifying information, or handing in work done by others as your own, during the course. A participant found to be in breach of this policy will be dismissed from the course, and no refund will apply. By completing enrolment on this course you agree to these terms and conditions. ALL fields in red in this form are required.
Complete the form
YOUR DATA, TCE AND THE GDPRWe may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us. This data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users. Financial transactions relating to our website and services are handled by our payment services providers, PayPal, Square, Ecwid and HSBC. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. We do not have access to your financial information at any point in the transaction. For more on our data protection policies, please see here.
Please choose one of the payment options below (ensuring that you qualify for any Discount or Past Participant rate, if you select one). To pay on receipt of an invoice, or by bank transfer, please see the other options below.
If you would like to pay by bank transfer, please make a transfer to the following account. When making your payment, please add £17 to the course fee to cover associated bank charges. Ensure that your transfer is clearly marked with your name. Note that if incorrect amounts are transferred we will be obliged to ask for a subsequent transfer, and matching bank fees.
Account Name: The Consultants-E Ltd.
Sort Code: 40-46-23
Account Number: 31785729
If you would like to pay by credit card, please contact us on +44 07791 158 265 and we will arrange to process your payment over the phone and send you a receipt. Note that this number is often busy.
Note: our principle credit card processor is Square, and they handle all your financial information securely on their site. However, during this process we will have temporary access to your payment information as we process it using our credit card terminal. We do not store any of this information, but if you would be happier dealing directly with the card processor, please choose a different payment method.
NOTE: if you use the Past Participant payment option and have not already done an online course with us, we will be obliged to collect the difference between the Past Participant discounted rate and the full course price in an additional payment from you. This will involve increased bank fees for which you will be responsible.
- Larsen-Freeman, D. and Anderson, M., 2011, Techniques and Principles in Language Teaching, Oxford University Press
- Nunan, D., 1988 The Learner-Centered Curriculum, Cambridge University Press
- Osborne, P., 2015, Teaching English One to One, Pavilion Publishing
- Starr, J., 2011, The Coaching Manual, Pearson
- Wilberg, P., 1987, One-to-One: A Teachers’ Handbook, Heinle ELT
- Wisniewska, I., 2010, Learning One-to-One, Cambridge University Press
- Teaching one to one (British Council article)
- One-to-one: Teaching tips – Ten practical tips
- Teaching English One-on-One
- Why adult learners of English can benefit from coaching.