The online CertICT gives you the skills and confidence to use a range of technologies and tools with your students, in a principled and effective manner.
During the course, you will learn to:
- develop and consolidate your basic IT skills.
- develop your familiarity with a wide range of Web 2.0 tools and their use
- explore the pedagogical underpinnings of effective ICT use
- develop your familiarity with mobile learning, blending and flipping
- consider how these approaches might enhance your current teaching
- build a critical awareness of a range of ICT materials
- consider ICT within your syllabus and how to integrate it in class
- develop your awareness of contexts and cultural constraints in ICT use
- consider how to integrate ICT and assessment in your context
- understand current research into how ICT can support language learning
- learn how to continue your professional development in ICT-related areas
- create, implement, and reflect on a final tech-based lesson plan or project
- ICT in the classroom
- Working with images and audio
- Working with video; e-Safety
- Digital Literacies
- Teaching web-based lessons
- Webquests & digital storytelling
- Web 2.0 & online reference tools
- Social networks
Certified & Assured
YOUR DATA, TCE AND THE GDPR
We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us. This data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users. For more on our data protection policies, please see here.
Fill in the Form
- Barrett, B, Sharma, P. & Jones, F. 2010. 400 Ideas for Interactive Whiteboards. Macmillan Publishers Ltd.
- Donaghy, K. (2015) Film in Action, Delta Publishing.
- Driver, P. & Goldstein, B. (2014) Language Learning with Digital Video, Cambridge University Press.
- Dudeney, G. 2000/2007. The Internet and the Language Classroom. A Practical Guide for Teachers. Cambridge University Press.
- Dudeney, G . & Hockly, N. 2007. How to Teach English with Technology. Pearson.
- Dudeney, G., Hockly, N. & Pegrum, M. 2013. Digital Literacies. Pearson.
- Dudeney, G. & Hockly, N. 2013. ‘Reversing the Blend: From Online to Blended‘. Chapter in Blended Learning in English Language Teaching: Course Design and Implementation. Tomlinson, B. & Whittaker, C. (eds.), British Council. [ download publication ]
- Dudeney, G. & Hockly, N. 2016. Online Language Learning. Chapter in The Cambridge Guide to Second Language Learning. Burns, A. & Richards, J. (eds.), Cambridge University Press.
- Farr, F. & Murray, L. (eds). 2016. Routledge Handbook of Language Learning and Technology. Routledge.
- Hockly, N. 2016. Focus on Learning Technologies. Oxford University Press.
- Hockly, N. with L. Clandfield. 2010. Teaching Online: Tools and Techniques. Delta Publishing.
- Keddie, J. (2014) Bringing Online Video into the Classroom, Oxford University Press.
- Lewis, G. 2007. The Internet and Young Learners. Oxford University Press.
- Lewis, G. 2009. Bringing Technology into the Classroom. Oxford University Press.
- Sharma, P. & Barrett, B. 2007. Blended Learning. Macmillan.
- Stanley, G. 2013. Language Learning with Technology: Ideas for Integrating Technology in the Classroom. Cambridge University Press.
- Thomas, M., Reinders, H., & Warschauer, M. (eds). 2013. Contemporary Computer-Assisted Language Learning. Bloomsbury Press.
- Walker, A. & White, G. 2014. Technology Enhanced Language Learning. Oxford University Press.
- Warschauer, M. 2011. Learning in the Cloud: How (and Why) to Transform Schools with Digital Media. Teachers College Press.
- Bower, M. et al. 2014. Blended Synchronous Learning Handbook. Free PDF download. DERN publication, Australia.
- Hockly, N. 2012. Webinars: A Cookbook for Educators. The Round.
- Kukulska-Hulme, A. et al. 2015. Mobile pedagogy for English language teaching: a guide for teachers. Free PDF download. British Council publication.
- Motteram, G (ed). 2013. Innovations in Learning Technologies in English Language Teaching. Free PDF download. British Council publication.
- Tomlinson, B & C.Whittaker (eds). 2013. Blended Learning in English Language Teaching: Course Design and Implementation. Free PDF download. British Council publication.