The course will help you develop the range of skills needed to teach live online classes via videoconferencing.
During the course, you will learn to:
- effectively use a range of online videoconferencing platforms
- design and deliver pedagogically-sound lessons via videoconferencing
- select effective activities for live online classes
- teach individual students and small groups via videoconferencing
- market yourself as an online teacher
You will also take part in several pair and group videoconferencing sessions.
- Best practice for teaching live online
- Designing and planning live lessons
- Delivering live lessons
- Live lessons in your context
- Videoconferencing platforms & features
- Videoconferencing sessions 1 & 2
- Teaching ‘one-to-one’ live lessons
- Activities for live lessons
- Plan a live lesson: effective task design
- Assessing student work
- Marketing yourself as an online teacher
- Videoconferencing sessions 3 & 4
Certified & Assured
All our courses are quality assured by AQUEDUTO – the Association for Quality Education & Training Online | The CertIBET is also quality assured by English UK – the national association of language centres in the UK, and awarded by LanguageCert – the next generation in language qualification | Our eModeration course is recommended for CELTA Online tutors by Cambridge English.
NOTE: The Consultants-E will not tolerate plagiarism, cheating, falsifying information, or handing in work done by others as your own, during the course. A participant found to be in breach of this policy will be dismissed from the course, and no refund will apply. By completing enrolment on this course you agree to these terms and conditions. ALL fields in red in this form are required.
Complete the form
YOUR DATA, TCE AND THE GDPRWe may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us. This data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users. Financial transactions relating to our website and services are handled by our payment services providers, PayPal, Square, Ecwid and HSBC. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. We do not have access to your financial information at any point in the transaction. For more on our data protection policies, please see here.
Please choose one of the payment options below (ensuring that you qualify for any Past Participant rate, if you select one). To pay on receipt of an invoice, or by bank transfer, please see the other options below.
Add to Cart
If you would like to pay by bank transfer, please make a transfer to the following account. When making your payment – if you are paying from outside the UK with a non-UK bank account – please add £17 to the course fee to cover associated bank charges. Ensure that your transfer is clearly marked with your name. Note that if incorrect amounts are transferred we will be obliged to ask for a subsequent transfer, and matching bank fees.
Account Name: The Consultants-E Ltd.
Sort Code: 40-46-23
Account Number: 31785729
If you would like to pay by credit card, please contact us on +44 07791 158 265 and we will arrange to process your payment over the phone and send you a receipt. Note that this number is often busy.
Note: our principle credit card processor is Square, and they handle all your financial information securely on their site. However, during this process we will have temporary access to your payment information as we process it using our credit card terminal. We do not store any of this information, but if you would be happier dealing directly with the card processor, please choose a different payment method.
NOTE: if you use the Past Participant payment option and have not already done an online course with us, we will be obliged to collect the difference between the Past Participant discounted rate and the full course price in an additional payment from you. This will involve increased bank fees for which you will be responsible.
- Hockly, N. (with L. Clandfield) 2010. Teaching Online. Delta Publishing.
- Muller, T. and Murdoch, M. 2012. The Webinar Manifesto. Franklin Covey.
- Ozer, J. 2015. Mastering Webcam and Smartphone Video: How to Look and Sound Great in Webinars and Videoconferences: Webinar. Doceo Publishing.
- Sharan, S. and Carucci, J. 2014. Webinars For Dummies Paperback. For Dummies.
- Brandon, B. (ed.) 2007. Synchronous eLearning. The eLearning Guild.
- Bonk, C.J. and Khoo, E. 2013. Adding some TEC-Variety: 100+ Activities for Motivating and Retaining Learners Online.
- Forni, K. (ed.) 2013. 62 Tips on Effective eLearning Instructional Design. The eLearning Guild.
- Forni, K. (ed.) 2013. 68 Tips for eLearning Engagement and Interactivity. The eLearning Guild.
- Hockly. N. 2012. Webinars: A Cookbook for Educators. The round.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Video Communication. 2013. Educause.
- 4 Ways to Use Video for Formal and Informal Learning. A white paper for learning and development teams, trainers, human resources professionals, and managers. 2015. Panopto Resource.
- 10 things your audience hates about your presentation
- Collaborative Learning with Google Hangouts
- Teaching Via Videoconferencing: Instructional Strategies
- Webinar template for marketing professionals
- Video Tools for Teachers: tips and resources from Digital Video
- Adobe Connect is a web conferencing platform, powering complete solutions for web meetings, eLearning, and webinars.
- AnyMeeting offers a simple, affordable tool that meets all the conferencing needs of small business, from a phone, video or web conference to a large webinar.
- BigBlueButton is an open source web conferencing system for on-line learning.
- Google Hangouts bring conversations to life with photos, emoji, and even group video calls for free.
- Panopto is the easy-to-use video platform for training, teaching, and presenting.
- Skype is for doing things together, whenever you’re apart.
- Tinychat is an online video chat community.
- Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, online meetings, group messaging, and a software-defined conference room solution into one easy-to-use platform.
Our online e-Moderation course gives you the skills and confidence to teach online in a principled and effective manner. During the course, you will learn to: develop and run online socialising activities; motivate online learners; establish an effective online tutor presence-
Our Teaching One-to-One course gives you the skills and confidence to teach students in a one-to-one scenario in a principled and effective manner. During the course, you will learn to: examine the similarities and differences between teaching groups and teaching one-to-one-