Clients & Consultancies
TCE provides international consultancy services in the world of education. We have worked closely with prestigious educational institutions and NGOs, training and development providers, educational publishers, universities, schools and more. We have an outstanding track record in helping our clients find sustainable quality solutions for their specific educational challenges in the areas of curriculum reform, reliable monitoring and evaluation of educational programmes, sustainable CPD (continual professional development), materials design and development, and strategic planning for effective institutional educational technology integration.
Large-Scale Education & NGOs
Our consultancy work with large-scale education providers and NGOs has included:
- monitoring and evaluating (M&E) large multi-country educational programmes
- scoping visits to determine educational change needs in a range of contexts
- developing educational programmes, training and development to effectively address these needs
- evaluating to what extent donor programmes address educational needs in developing contexts
- developing theories of change, log frames, evaluation approaches & instruments for single and multi-country educational programmes
- initial effect and long-term impact evaluation studies
- addressing issues such as EL learning, women and gender, social inclusion and equity, and employability skills in developing contexts
- working with multilingual, multicultural teams f2f and virtually, in a several languages
English for Success [ 2019 ]
- Development of M&E plan, log frame and research instruments pertinent to the mid-term impact evaluation.
- Post-training baselining of STEM & English teachers.
- Focus groups, semi-structured interviews & classroom observations in-country.
- Meetings with key educational authority stakeholders.
- Comprehensive mid-term impact M&E report with detailed recommendations for year.
- Programme impact on: Kazakhstan Ministry of Education & Science; local education authorities in Mangystau; 6 English language & STEM trainers; 180 trained English language & STEM teachers; 1,000s of primary & secondary school students.
English Connects [ 2019 - ]
The English Connects programme aims to connect the UK to young people and future leaders in francophone Africa through English; to improve the employability, resilience and networks of young people; and to support senior policy makers in this endeavour. Funded by the FCO and managed by the British Council. TCE is currently carrying out the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the English Connects programme in 10 countries in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA).
- Development of M&E plan, log frame and research instruments pertinent to current phase of programme.
- Development & addition of gender-related indicators to logframe
- Attitudinal baselining of programme participants.
- Qualitative & quantitative data collection and analysis for all strands of programme.
- Online product analysis and recommendations.
- Multilingual consultants work in English, French & Portuguese.
- Evaluation beneficiaries include: 10 Ministers of Education; 20 MoE officials; 150 MoE trainers; 15,000 English language teachers; 2,000 English Clubs attendees; 9,000 online language learners; tens of thousands of free learning resources users.
Core Skills [ 2016 - ]
The British Council’s Core Skills programme works closely with teachers, school leaders and policy makers to provide young people with the essential skills they need for life and work in the 21st century global economy. TCE is currently carrying out the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Core Skills programme in the Americas.
- Comprehensive M&E plan and Log frame, including indicators for evaluating learning of 21st century skills and social impact.
- Longitudinal M&E of all programme stages, including initial and impact evaluations.
- Design of cc approaches and instruments; data analysis.
- Sensitivity and awareness of local contexts.
- Multilingual consultants worked in English & Spanish.
- Over 1,000 teachers and 20,000 students reached in 5 countries (Argentina, Brazil, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru).
- Impact on educational policies.
EDGE [ 2019 ]
The EDGE [ English and Digital for Girls’ Education ] programme aims to improve employability and life prospects of adolescent girls in socio-economically marginalised communities in rural Bangladesh, India and Nepal by enhancing English proficiency, digital skills and awareness of social issues. TCE carried out an in-depth literature review into the digital context of South-East Asia & India in order to inform the development of the programme going forward.
- Development of research questions and methodology for literature review.
- Comprehensive literature review in key programme areas such as digital connectivity and access, employability and digital skills, gender equality.
- Context-sensitive recommendations for future programme materials development and digital delivery.
- Development of a digital literacies curriculum to boost beneficiaries’ digital skills for employability and their abilities to make more informed and independent life choices.
- Project impact over three countries on: over 14,000 girls; 1,200 peer leaders; 17,000 parents, community leaders & employers.
Cuauhtémoc Connected [ 2018 - ]
The Cuauhtémoc Connected programme works with socio-economically disadvantaged children in schools in Mexico City. Funded by the British Council Mexico, the programme aims to improve attitudes among children and parents towards their future prospects, and to address gender inequality through English language learning. TCE currently carrying out the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the final phases of the 5-year programme.
- Design and development of research questions and a mixed methodology evaluation to measure the social impact of the programme.
- Analysis of survey, interview and focus group data against log frame indicators.
- Measured impact on children and parents’ understanding of their own future prospects and gender issues.
- Impact on three participating school in Cuauhtémoc neighbourhood of Mexico City, their teachers, school leaders and hundreds of students and parents.
Our consultancy work with universities, schools and other educational institutions has included:
- creating educational training materials and digital products
- developing and delivering tailor-made f2f and online training and CPD programmes
- seeding and developing large-scale online communities of practice
- designing and setting up educational spaces in the 3-D virtual world Second Life
- guiding and supporting the development of strategic plans to ensure effective and sustainable use of a range of educational technologies
- embedding continual professional development frameworks to ensure uptake of learning technologies within institutions
- implementing technology strategies and solutions: website design, Moodle design and theming, database and project management.
TransformELT [ 2019 - ]
TransformELT is an English Language Teaching consultancy building innovative strategies for change. They enable organisations, institutions and individual ELT professionals to define, design and deliver their development plans.
- Design, development and implementation of a B2B responsive website
- Technology solutions e.g. consultant database and project reporting affordances
- In-house strategy and solutions for secure backups, storage, antivirus and document sharing
- Design, configuration and theme of a custom Moodle installation
Laureate Education [ 2010 - ]
The Laureate International Universities network comprises over 25 higher education institutions and more than 875,000 students. Our consultancy work with Laureate has included:
- Consultancy and design of training and CPD (continual professional development) materials and processes for Laureate Universities teachers
- Design and development of 150 hours of tutor-supported online training modules for English language teachers across the Laureate Universities network
- Training of in-house Laureate support tutors as part of a sustainable approach to professional development
- Seeding of a robust online community for Laureate international network of teachers, with integrated CPD tasks
Gordon Lewis, Vice President of Languages at Laureate Education, explains why Laureate chooses TCE for its consultancies.
NILE [ 2013 - ]
NILE (Norwich Institute for Language Education) is an accredited teacher training institute in the UK offering in-service teacher training courses. Our consultancy work with NILE has included:
- Development of platform, pedagogical approach, and training and management of course content and instructional design teams
- Development of an online version of the UK’s largest MA in ELT including module design, and specific module authoring
- Tutoring on the Educational Technology MA module (ongoing)
- NILE Online platform designed by TCE shortlisted for British Council Innovation Awards (ELTons) in 2015 and 2017, and winner of the 2018 English Speaking Union award for Best Teacher Resource
- Online participant numbers on NILE’s MA in Professional Development for Language Education increased from 5% in 2015 to 65% in 2019 and continue to grow
Bell Cambridge [ 2017 - ]
Bell English is a highly-respected teaching institution in the UK offering Cambridge ESOL accredited teacher training courses. Our consultancy work with Bell English has included:
- Review and redesign of online DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) teacher training course
- Technology redesign for mobile first, with new Moodle theme and layout
- Learning redesign reflecting a socio-constructivist approach to learning
- Bell English stakeholders involved in learning redesign processes to ensure buy-in and sustainability
Silvana Richardson, Head of Teacher Development at Bell English, explains why Bell chose TCE for this consultancy.
Our consultancy work with educational publishers has included:
- helping publishers understand and explore new digital learning technologies
- designing and developing new digital learning products
- developing digital competences frameworks
- providing guidance and training on how to prepare for an increasingly technological future
- consulting on Expert Panels and authoring position papers on 21st century skills for learners
- designing and running workshops for publishers on current learning and educational technology trends
- writing prize-winning methodology books for language teachers
Where We've Worked
What Can We Do For You?
Who We Are
TCE is an education consultancy providing effective, measurable and sustainable whole-system education solutions. We work with learning organisations and NGOs, universities, schools and teachers globally to find innovative, context-sensitive, cost-effective, efficient and pedagogically-
What We Do
Since 2004, we have worked with a wide variety of clients, including publishers, universities, app and software developers, charities, schools, CPD providers and more. We provide consultancy to a wide range of prestigious educational institutions and publishers. We have an outstanding-